Thursday 29 May 2014

It's a squirrel plush (not a cat:-))

The remark in the title was unnecessary of course, everybody can see it IS a squirrel! :-) But Joris is a thorough young man, as you can see from his other comments in the drawing as well.
A drawing turned into a custom plushie with a little help from the designer
This squirrel is really special to Joris. It was the first character he started to draw when he was a kid. He wanted to teach himself to draw and saw this cartoon called "Screwball Squirrel" on TV, and since then he has been drawing the same squirrel again and again. He is 28 now, and when he gets a bit distracted or simply starts daydreaming, he still draws the squirrel unconsciously. These hundreds of squirrel drawings were turned into a one and only custom plushie.

I usually get nice reactions from my customers on seeing their designs made into soft toys, but the words from Joris made me really happy: "Wooooowwwww!!! It's so amazing, I can't describe how much I like it, it's much much much better than I ever could imagine. Emese, I can't thank you enough, you've made me so incredibly happy :) I'm blown away.....this squirrel I've drawn for so many years has now stepped of the paper and become something real. Thank you again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment